DC power supply to iPhone battery adapter for testing and troubleshooting iPhone logic boards
Compatible with iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, SE, 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+, 7, and 7+
This is the newest version of the iPhone logic board power supply cable, complete with the adapters for the iPhone 7 and 7+. It is by far our favorite and most highly recommended power supply cable for a few reasons:
- It now uses stronger flat flex cable design instead of the old wire-to-board connector for a superior connection that won't come loose. Standard 4mm banana plugs fit just about all DC bench power supplies and multimeters as well, plus alligator clips allow you to adapt to any other sort of connection if needed.
- It implements a battery gas gauge emulator IC, so that the phone can read the battery gas gauage percentage as well as the temperature and prevent the phone from displaying a temperature warning, restarting unexpectedly, or filling the NAND with gas gauge error logs.
- It contains built-in protection circuitry to keep your logic boards safe from accidental over-voltage up to 10v.
Usage is extremely easy and straightforward. The adapter cable substitutes your DC power supply for the iPhone's battery. Simply plug the banana plugs into your DC power supply, then set the voltage to the appropriate battery voltage (3.7-4.2v) and your desired current limit (we recommend 1.5-3a).
If your cable has overvoltage protection set the voltage to 5v and current to 3a. The adapter cable will automatically convert the output voltage to the correct input voltage (3.7-4.2v) for the logic board to protect the board from accidental overvoltage.
Connect the appropriate cable to your iPhone logic board and prompt the iPhone to boot, and you will be able to see the current usage and voltage output of the DC power supply to your iPhone logic board.
NEW VERSION iPhone Battery Power Supply Adapter Cable for Testing
- Product Code: iPhone tester cable
- Availability: RETIRED ITEM – Reference Only